How should I take salbutamol?

Salbutamol is the base ingredient in several prescription drugs that are breathed in through an inhaler or a nebulizer. Each prescription drug may have slightly different instructions, and your doctor may decide to alter the normal dose based on your condition or other medications you are taking. Pay close attention to the directions from your doctor. In general, when using an inhaler, make sure to close your mouth completely over the opening and hold your breath for about ten seconds before exhaling. Wait a full minute between puffs. On average, the inhaler form of salbutamol is taken as two puffs every four to six hours as needed, or 15 to 30 minutes before exercising, but this can vary depending on your medical condition and which brand and prescription strength you are using. A nebulizer is a machine that changes a liquid into droplets small enough to breathe through a face mask. The prescription package will come with instructions for how to use the device. On average, the nebulizer form of salbutamol is used up to three or four times a day as needed.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What should I know before taking albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
Is it safe to take albuterol extended-release tablets if I'm pregnant?
Studies have found that albuterol extended-release tablets can cause birth defects in animals, b...
Who should not take albuterol sulfate?
If you're allergic to any ingredient in albuterol sulfate or if you've ever had a reaction to ot...
How should I take albuterol?
You should take albuterol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Albuterol can be taken with a me...