How should I prime the Proventil inhaler before using it?

You should prime your Proventil inhaler to make sure you have the proper amount of medicine in each spray. To prime the inhaler, take the cap off the mouthpiece, shake the inhaler well, and spray it into the air away from your face. Do this two more times to finish priming. You should prime your inhaler before the first time you use it or whenever it has not been used for two weeks or more.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Could I have an allergic reaction to albuterol syrup?
It's possible to have an allergic reaction to albuterol syrup or to other ingredients in this as...
What should I know before taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing pr...
Are there any risks in taking albuterol?
In rare cases, when taking albuterol an allergic reaction or serious side effect can occur. Do n...
Who should take albuterol?
Albuterol is intended for both children and adults to relieve breathing difficulties caused by a...