How should I prime the Proventil inhaler before using it?

You should prime your Proventil inhaler to make sure you have the proper amount of medicine in each spray. To prime the inhaler, take the cap off the mouthpiece, shake the inhaler well, and spray it into the air away from your face. Do this two more times to finish priming. You should prime your inhaler before the first time you use it or whenever it has not been used for two weeks or more.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
Could albuterol extended-release tablets cause headaches and tremors?
Headaches and tremors are two of the more commonly reported adverse effects associated with albu...
Who should not take albuterol syrup?
People who have had an allergic reaction to other forms of albuterol or to other types of bronch...
How should I take albuterol?
You should take albuterol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Albuterol can be taken with a me...