How can I tell how many sprays of Proventil to use?

The doctor who prescribed Proventil for you has given you directions regarding how many sprays to use in each dose, and how many doses to use each day. All this information will be typed on the prescription label.

If your inhaler comes with a counter to track the number of sprays you have used, call your doctor for a refill prescription when you have about 20 left. If your inhaler does not have a counter, divide the number of sprays in your inhaler by the number of sprays you use each day. This will give you the number of days you have to use it. Call your doctor or pharmacist for more details about tracking your sprays or doses.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe for my child to take albuterol extended-release tablets?
If your child is older than 6 years, it's most likely safe for her to take albuterol extended-re...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
What should I know about albuterol sulfate before taking it?
Before taking albuterol sulfate, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Albuter...
What should I know about albuterol before taking it?
Albuterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...