How can I tell how many sprays of Proventil to use?

The doctor who prescribed Proventil for you has given you directions regarding how many sprays to use in each dose, and how many doses to use each day. All this information will be typed on the prescription label.

If your inhaler comes with a counter to track the number of sprays you have used, call your doctor for a refill prescription when you have about 20 left. If your inhaler does not have a counter, divide the number of sprays in your inhaler by the number of sprays you use each day. This will give you the number of days you have to use it. Call your doctor or pharmacist for more details about tracking your sprays or doses.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe to take albuterol extended-release tablets if I'm pregnant?
Studies have found that albuterol extended-release tablets can cause birth defects in animals, b...
Is Albuterol safe for pregnant or breast feeding women?
Terrie WatkinsTerrie Watkins
Albuterol is a category "C" medication which means some animal studies have indicated a possible pro...
Does albuterol interact with other medications?
Yes, albuterol is known to interact with some medications. Taking albuterol in conjunction with ...
What are the side effects of albuterol tablets?
In rare cases, albuterol extended-release tablets may cause a severe allergic reaction that lead...