How can I tell how many sprays of Proventil to use?

The doctor who prescribed Proventil for you has given you directions regarding how many sprays to use in each dose, and how many doses to use each day. All this information will be typed on the prescription label.

If your inhaler comes with a counter to track the number of sprays you have used, call your doctor for a refill prescription when you have about 20 left. If your inhaler does not have a counter, divide the number of sprays in your inhaler by the number of sprays you use each day. This will give you the number of days you have to use it. Call your doctor or pharmacist for more details about tracking your sprays or doses.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

who should not take albuterol sulfate ?
If you're allergic to any ingredient in albuterol sulfate or if you've ever had a reaction to ot...
who should take albuterol extended-release tablets ?
Albuterol extended-release tablets are prescribed for people with asthma or chronic obstructive ...
how soon after taking albuterol will my symptoms improve ?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms and dose form used (inhalation, tablet or liquid), yo...
can i take albuterol extended-release tablets if i am nursing ?
It isn't known if extended-release albuterol passes into breast milk. Because this asthma drug h...