How does salbutamol treat bronchitis?

Bronchitis is a condition where the bronchial tubes in the lungs are swollen. Salbutamol, also named albuterol, relaxes the bronchial muscles. It works on the nervous system by activating the beta receptors whose purpose is to help send signals to the smooth muscles, such as the muscles along the bronchial tubes in the lungs. Salbutamol triggers a signal that tells these muscles to relax, which opens up the swollen airway.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
What should I know before taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing pr...
Can I take albuterol extended-release tablets if I'm nursing?
It isn't known if extended-release albuterol passes into breast milk. Because this asthma drug h...
Is it safe to take albuterol if I'm breastfeeding?
If you're breastfeeding, any potential risks to your baby depend largely on the type of albutero...