How does albuterol treat hyperkalemia?

Albuterol lowers the elevated potassium levels in the bloodstream that characterize hyperkalemia by pushing potassium into cells.  Although not an FDA-approved indication, Albuterol may be prescribed to treat patients suffering from hyperkalemia due to acute kidney failure.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
Are there any risks to taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
The most common minor side effects of albuterol extended-release tablets are nervousness, tremor...
Is it safe to take albuterol if I'm breastfeeding?
If you're breastfeeding, any potential risks to your baby depend largely on the type of albutero...
What are albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets are a prescription drug used to prevent and relieve bronchosp...