How should I clean my Proventil inhaler?

You should clean your Proventil inhaler once a week. Follow manufacturer's directions or these simple steps:
  • Take the canister out of the actuator and remove the cap from the mouth piece.
  • Run warm water through the actuator for 30 seconds, then wash the actuator again through the mouthpiece.
  • Shake off excess water from the actuator.
  • If you see any buildup in the mouthpiece, wash it again.
  • Let the actuator dry overnight.
  • When the actuator is dry, put the canister back in the actuator. Make sure it fits firmly.
  • Shake the inhaler and spray it twice into the air away from your face.
  • Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How does albuterol help treat asthma?
Asthma is a condition in which the airways in your lungs get narrow, swell up, produce excess mucus ...
How does albuterol treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the chronic blockage of airways in the lungs, us...
What is albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup is a prescription drug that prevents and relieves bronchospasms (airway spasms) ...
Can I take albuterol extended-release tablets if I'm nursing?
It isn't known if extended-release albuterol passes into breast milk. Because this asthma drug h...