How should I clean my Proventil inhaler?

You should clean your Proventil inhaler once a week. Follow manufacturer's directions or these simple steps:
  • Take the canister out of the actuator and remove the cap from the mouth piece.
  • Run warm water through the actuator for 30 seconds, then wash the actuator again through the mouthpiece.
  • Shake off excess water from the actuator.
  • If you see any buildup in the mouthpiece, wash it again.
  • Let the actuator dry overnight.
  • When the actuator is dry, put the canister back in the actuator. Make sure it fits firmly.
  • Shake the inhaler and spray it twice into the air away from your face.
  • Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Who should take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets are prescribed for people with asthma or chronic obstructive ...
What are the side effects of albuterol tablets?
In rare cases, albuterol extended-release tablets may cause a severe allergic reaction that lead...
Is it possible to overdose on albuterol?
It is possible to overdose on albuterol. Too much of this drug, which treats lung conditions suc...
Who should not take albuterol?
You should not take albuterol if you are allergic or taking another sympathomimetic medication, ...