How should I clean my Proventil inhaler?

You should clean your Proventil inhaler once a week. Follow manufacturer's directions or these simple steps:
  • Take the canister out of the actuator and remove the cap from the mouth piece.
  • Run warm water through the actuator for 30 seconds, then wash the actuator again through the mouthpiece.
  • Shake off excess water from the actuator.
  • If you see any buildup in the mouthpiece, wash it again.
  • Let the actuator dry overnight.
  • When the actuator is dry, put the canister back in the actuator. Make sure it fits firmly.
  • Shake the inhaler and spray it twice into the air away from your face.
  • Put the cap back on the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Are there any risks to taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
The most common minor side effects of albuterol extended-release tablets are nervousness, tremor...
How does albuterol treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the chronic blockage of airways in the lungs, us...
Are there any risks in taking albuterol?
In rare cases, when taking albuterol an allergic reaction or serious side effect can occur. Do n...
If I am pregnant, is it safe to use albuterol?
Little is known about the effects of albuterol during pregnancy. But there's no question that th...