How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?

Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in dosages of either 4 milligrams (mg) or 8 mg.

The pills are usually taken every 12 hours. Swallow them whole with a full glass of water or other liquid. Do not chew or crush them, or take more or fewer pills than your doctor prescribes. If you aren't clear about how you should take your albuterol extended-release tablets, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...
What should I know about albuterol before taking it?
Albuterol is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
What should I know before taking albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol extended-release tablets?
If your child is older than 6 years, it's most likely safe for her to take albuterol extended-re...