What happens if I miss a dose of salbutamol?

If you are supposed to be on a regular regimen of salbutamol and miss a dose, just take the dose as soon as you are able. But if enough time has passed that you're already close to taking the next dose, skip the missed dose altogether and wait until the next regularly scheduled dose. Never take twice as much at the next regularly scheduled time. If you want to stop taking salbutamol, talk to your doctor first to discuss proper discontinuation procedure so that your breathing does not get worse.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Are there any risks to taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
The most common minor side effects of albuterol extended-release tablets are nervousness, tremor...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
Are there any risks in taking albuterol?
In rare cases, when taking albuterol an allergic reaction or serious side effect can occur. Do n...
How does albuterol treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the chronic blockage of airways in the lungs, us...