Is there a generic version of Proair HFA?

A generic form of Proair (albuterol) HFA is not currently available. Due to recent environmental restrictions, chlorofluorocarbons-based (CFCs-based) inhalers have been replaced with hydrofluoroalkane (HFA) inhalers. Do not buy any albuterol inhalation medication that claims to be a generic form of Proair HFA.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

If I am pregnant, is it safe to use albuterol?
Little is known about the effects of albuterol during pregnancy. But there's no question that th...
What are the side effects of albuterol syrup?
Among the most common side effects of albuterol syrup are dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, dia...
Who should take albuterol?
Albuterol is intended for both children and adults to relieve breathing difficulties caused by a...
What happens if I miss a dose of albuterol?
If you miss a dose of albuterol, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take remai...