Can I keep using the Proventil inhaler if it is not empty?

No, you should discard your Proventil inhaler after you have used the number of sprays indicated on the label. Each Proventil canister should contain 200 sprays. After 200 sprays are used, whatever remains in the canister may not come out containing the correct amount of active ingredient. Just throw away the canister, even if it has material left in it. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about how to safely get rid of your leftover canister.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

What are the side effects of albuterol syrup?
Among the most common side effects of albuterol syrup are dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, dia...
What should I know about albuterol sulfate before taking it?
Before taking albuterol sulfate, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Albuter...
How should I take albuterol extended-release tablets?
Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking albuterol extended-release tablets, which come in d...
How does albuterol sulfate interact with other medications?
Albuterol sulfate may interact with other medications, so it's important to tell your doctor abo...