What should I avoid while taking Proair HFA?

When using Proair HFA for the first time, it's important to avoid activities that can worsen your breathing problems. Until you know how you'll react and how effective Proair HFA is in treating your symptoms, do not stop taking or using other medication that your doctor has prescribed for your symptoms. Also avoid spraying the medication in your eyes. Do not use your Proair HFA inhaler until you've read all of the directions for using this type of inhaler, including not using the inhaler without first priming it.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How soon after taking albuterol will my symptoms improve?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms and dose form used (inhalation, tablet or liquid), yo...
What if I miss a dose of albuterol extended-release tablets?
Take your missed albuterol extended-release tablet as soon as you remember it. But if it's nearl...
What should I know before taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
Albuterol extended-release tablets may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing pr...
Why would my doctor prescribe albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may be prescribed for people who cannot or do not want to take this drug in its ...