What should I avoid while taking Proair HFA?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

When using Proair HFA for the first time, it's important to avoid activities that can worsen your breathing problems. Until you know how you'll react and how effective Proair HFA is in treating your symptoms, do not stop taking or using other medication that your doctor has prescribed for your symptoms. Also avoid spraying the medication in your eyes. Do not use your Proair HFA inhaler until you've read all of the directions for using this type of inhaler, including not using the inhaler without first priming it.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

How does albuterol treat hyperkalemia?
Albuterol lowers the elevated potassium levels in the bloodstream that characterize hyperkalemia...
How should I take albuterol?
You should take albuterol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Albuterol can be taken with a me...
Who should take albuterol?
Albuterol is intended for both children and adults to relieve breathing difficulties caused by a...
Are there any risks to taking albuterol extended-release tablets?
The most common minor side effects of albuterol extended-release tablets are nervousness, tremor...