What should I avoid while taking Proair HFA?

When using Proair HFA for the first time, it's important to avoid activities that can worsen your breathing problems. Until you know how you'll react and how effective Proair HFA is in treating your symptoms, do not stop taking or using other medication that your doctor has prescribed for your symptoms. Also avoid spraying the medication in your eyes. Do not use your Proair HFA inhaler until you've read all of the directions for using this type of inhaler, including not using the inhaler without first priming it.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Who should not take albuterol?
You should not take albuterol if you are allergic or taking another sympathomimetic medication, ...
How should I store albuterol extended-release tablets?
You should store albuterol extended-release tablets at room temperature, tightly closed in the o...
How does albuterol treat hyperkalemia?
Albuterol lowers the elevated potassium levels in the bloodstream that characterize hyperkalemia...
Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...