Are there any risks in taking Ventolin HFA?

Yes, using Ventolin HFA has risks. It may actually cause your breathing to become more difficult. It may aggravate pre-existing diseases like cardiovascular disease, thyroid disease, diabetes and seizure disorder. This medication can also cause low potassium levels in the blood which can worsen heart disease. Talk to your doctor before beginning treatment to weigh the risks and benefits of taking Ventolin HFA.

Continue Learning about Albuterol

Is it safe for my child to take albuterol?
Whether albuterol is safe for your child depends on how the drug is formulated and how old your ...
How does albuterol sulfate interact with other medications?
Albuterol sulfate may interact with other medications, so it's important to tell your doctor abo...
What should I know before taking albuterol syrup?
Albuterol syrup may sometimes lead to the sudden exacerbation of breathing problems. This is kno...
What should I avoid while taking Albuterol?
You may need to avoid certain prescription medications and over-the-counter drugs while taking a...