What has been done to protect workers from formaldehyde?

In 1987, OSHA established a Federal standard that reduced the amount of formaldehyde to which workers can be exposed over an 8-hour work day from 3 ppm to 1 ppm. In May 1992, the standard was amended, and the formaldehyde exposure limit was further reduced to 0.75 ppm.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Avoid Traffic Pollution
Avoid Traffic Pollution
In the 1991 movie L.A. Story, TV meteorologist Harris Telemacher (Steve Martin) is feeling trapped in a cliché-ridden existence when his car breaks do...
Who is at the greatest risk of respiratory problems due to air pollution?
Young children and stay-at-home mothers are often at greatest risk for the dangerous effects of air ...
How can I protect myself from ozone in the air?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Protect your health by following these tips: • From May to September, get your outdoor physical a...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality