What causes ozone?

Ozone is created when the sun’s heat and light act upon gases and pollution in the air. It’s bad to breathe -- especially for people with asthma, and especially during May to September, the “ozone season” when ozone levels are highest.

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Ahhhh, home at last. Time to unwind, kick off your shoes and take a deep breath of . . . pollution? Yep. Indoor air—in homes and offices—can be more ...
How does eating fish protect my heart from air pollution?
In this ever more polluted world, sometimes you just can't avoid a little bit of particulate matter ...
How much air do I breathe in every minute?
Quick quiz: Name the person who normally consumes 6 quarts per minute. a. Frat guy on his 21st birt...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality