Should I use an air humidifier at home?

If your throat and skin become dry in the winter months, having a humidifier may help that. But for many people, having a humidifier does more harm than good-because they get lazy about maintenance. Humidifiers must be cleaned regularly, or they'll form a cesspool of water that grows mold and fungi-and you'll end up breathing in that stuff.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Ahhhh, home at last. Time to unwind, kick off your shoes and take a deep breath of . . . pollution? Yep. Indoor air—in homes and offices—can be more ...
Why is air pollution so dangerous to lung health?
Air pollution caused by particulate matter so small that it can't be seen is what aggravates and lea...
How can walking near heavy traffic affect my heart?
Give your walking workout more green by hiking trails or parks instead of asphalt and concrete. ...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality