Why can mold be a dangerous air pollutant?

Molds produce mycotoxins, which weaken or kill the things they live on or compete with. Short-term exposure can cause breathing problems, and the research indicates that long-term exposure may also be linked to cancer.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Is the Air in Your Home Polluted?
Ahhhh, home at last. Time to unwind, kick off your shoes and take a deep breath of . . . pollution? Yep. Indoor air—in homes and offices—can be more ...
How can I check air quality each day?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Thanks to recent technology, the EPA and the National Weather Service have developed downloadable ap...
How can walking near heavy traffic affect my heart?
Give your walking workout more green by hiking trails or parks instead of asphalt and concrete. ...
How high is considered to be high altitude?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
High altitude is defined as 5,000 to 11,500 feet (1,524 and 3,505.2 m) above sea level. An altitude ...