How does air pollution affect my health?

Choose to live where pollution rates are low. When you're selecting a place to live or work, check the Web site for the Environmental Protection Agency. Its pollution ratings show the areas and cities that have excellent records for having the fewest very small (0.01 to 2.5 microns in size) particles in the air. This is important because it's the smallest particles that get farthest in our lungs and disable our immune system, increasing our risk of inflammation and subsequent cancer and arterial aging.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Air Quality

How much air do I breathe in every minute?
Quick quiz: Name the person who normally consumes 6 quarts per minute. a. Frat guy on his 21st birt...
How can I improve the quality of the air I breathe?
In chili recipes and golf swings, little changes can make a big difference. The same holds true for ...
Does altitude change the percentage of oxygen in the air?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The percentage of oxygen is the same at sea level as it is at high altitudes, which is roughly 21 pe...
Why is air pollution so dangerous to lung health?
Air pollution caused by particulate matter so small that it can't be seen is what aggravates and lea...