How can I check air quality each day?

Thanks to recent technology, the EPA and the National Weather Service have developed downloadable apps for smartphones that allow you to do just that. The AIRNOW app will let you check levels of pollutants and ozone by zip code. It now tracks more than 400 cities across the nation. The UV Index app offers ultraviolet (UV) radiation levels by entering your zip code as well. Having this information can be especially helpful to people who struggle with lung disease, parents who want to be cautious as far as safety outdoors, and for seniors who may be more sensitive to these variables. You might also motivate your teen to be more health conscious if you can impress him with an app!!

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Avoid Traffic Pollution
Avoid Traffic Pollution
In the 1991 movie L.A. Story, TV meteorologist Harris Telemacher (Steve Martin) is feeling trapped in a cliché-ridden existence when his car breaks do...
How can I protect myself from ozone in the air?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Protect your health by following these tips: • From May to September, get your outdoor physical a...
How much oxygen does a person consume in a day?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The average adult, when resting, inhales and exhales about 7 or 8 liters of air per minute. That tot...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality