How can I check air quality each day?

Thanks to recent technology, the EPA and the National Weather Service have developed downloadable apps for smartphones that allow you to do just that. The AIRNOW app will let you check levels of pollutants and ozone by zip code. It now tracks more than 400 cities across the nation. The UV Index app offers ultraviolet (UV) radiation levels by entering your zip code as well. Having this information can be especially helpful to people who struggle with lung disease, parents who want to be cautious as far as safety outdoors, and for seniors who may be more sensitive to these variables. You might also motivate your teen to be more health conscious if you can impress him with an app!!

Continue Learning about Air Quality

Protecting Your Health From Air Pollution
By 2010, the Clean Air Act of 1970 called for the U.S. to reduce total emissions of six principal air pollutants by more than 41 percent. Today the En...
How does air pollution affect my health?
Choose to live where pollution rates are low. When you're selecting a place to live or work, che...
How can I improve the quality of the air I breathe?
In chili recipes and golf swings, little changes can make a big difference. The same holds true for ...
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality
7 Ways to Improve Your Air Quality