How are the AIDS-related lymphomas grouped for treatment?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Lymphomas are categorized in different ways, but the main way AIDS-related lymphomas are grouped is based on where they started in the body. Peripheral/systemic lymphomas start in lymph nodes or other organs of the lymph system, and the lymphoma may spread throughout the body, including to the brain or bone marrow. Primary CNS lymphoma starts in the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), and does not start somewhere else in the body and spread to the central nervous system.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the different types of AIDS lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Lymphomas are divided into two general types: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Both Hodgkin...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...