What is targeted therapy for AIDS-related lymphoma?

Targeted therapy, also called immunotherapy, uses artificial antibodies to battle AIDS-related lymphoma. The antibodies latch directly onto the cancer cells and destroy them, or keep them from spreading or growing. Drugs or radioactive material may be added to the antibodies, which then transport these treatments to the cancer cells. The antibodies are usually delivered via IV (intravenously). Targeted therapy may be available for people with AIDS-related lymphoma who volunteer for a clinical trial.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...