What is targeted therapy for AIDS-related lymphoma?

Targeted therapy, also called immunotherapy, uses artificial antibodies to battle AIDS-related lymphoma. The antibodies latch directly onto the cancer cells and destroy them, or keep them from spreading or growing. Drugs or radioactive material may be added to the antibodies, which then transport these treatments to the cancer cells. The antibodies are usually delivered via IV (intravenously). Targeted therapy may be available for people with AIDS-related lymphoma who volunteer for a clinical trial.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
Is AIDS-related lymphoma serious?
AIDS-related lymphoma is a serious condition. This type of cancer strikes people whose immune system...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What are the major types of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common type of AIDS-related lymphoma. This cancer (which includes s...