What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- develops in approximately 3 to 4 percent of people who have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Thanks to potent treatments known as highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), fewer people are developing AIDS-related lymphomas -- and when people do get these cancers, they are more likely to survive.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...
What are the different types of AIDS lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Lymphomas are divided into two general types: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Both Hodgkin...
What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...