What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?

There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- develops in approximately 3 to 4 percent of people who have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Thanks to potent treatments known as highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), fewer people are developing AIDS-related lymphomas -- and when people do get these cancers, they are more likely to survive.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
Is AIDS-related lymphoma serious?
AIDS-related lymphoma is a serious condition. This type of cancer strikes people whose immune system...
What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...