How can radiation treat AIDS-related lymphoma?

Radiation can destroy cancer cells or stop their growth. Depending on the type of AIDS-related lymphoma and its stage (how advanced it is), you may be treated with external beams of radiation, or your doctor may implant radioactive pellets, wires, or other devices into your body. Radiation is often used to treat primary central nervous system lymphoma (CNS lymphoma), one of the major types of AIDS-related lymphoma.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What are the different types of AIDS lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
Lymphomas are divided into two general types: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Both Hodgkin...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...