How do I manage my AIDS-related lymphoma on a daily basis?

Managing AIDS-related lymphoma involves treating not only the cancer, but also the underlying human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. You will probably need standard cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation - and in the meantime, you will probably need to continue taking highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) to combat HIV. HAART is an important part of treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, as it can enable people with HIV to physically handle the large amounts of chemotherapy drugs they may need.

The whole process can be extremely stressful. If you have AIDS-related lymphoma, you may find it helpful to try some of the coping strategies that have worked for other people with cancer. Keep doing activities you like - including work and exercise, if you feel up to it - but make sure you rest as much as you need to. Allow friends and family to help with daily tasks and provide emotional support. You may also find it helps to find a support group in your neighborhood or online.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
Is AIDS-related lymphoma serious?
AIDS-related lymphoma is a serious condition. This type of cancer strikes people whose immune system...
What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...