What are the major types of AIDS-related lymphoma?

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common type of AIDS-related lymphoma. This cancer (which includes subtypes such as diffuse large B-cell lymphoma,  B-cell immunoblastic lymphoma, and small noncleaved lymphoma, either Burkitt or Burkitt-like) strikes the lymph system, including the lymph nodes, of some people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Other major types of AIDS-related lymphoma are Hodgkin lymphoma and primary central nervous system (CNS) lymphoma, another type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which attacks the spinal cord and brain.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...