What increases my risk for AIDS-related lymphoma?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Being infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) lowers your immunity and leaves you susceptible to the category of cancer known as AIDS-related lymphoma. You face an especially high risk if you are also infected with the Epstein-Barr virus, or if you have a low CD4 (white blood cell) count, generally 100 or lower. Your risk also rises if you do not take highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) to combat HIV.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

what is the rate of incidence of aids-related lymphoma ?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
what are the follow-up tests for aids-related lymphoma ?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...
what are the stages of aids-related lymphoma ?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
what are the different types of aids lymphoma ?
Lymphomas are divided into two general types: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Both Hodgkin...