What increases my risk for AIDS-related lymphoma?

Being infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) lowers your immunity and leaves you susceptible to the category of cancer known as AIDS-related lymphoma. You face an especially high risk if you are also infected with the Epstein-Barr virus, or if you have a low CD4 (white blood cell) count, generally 100 or lower. Your risk also rises if you do not take highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) to combat HIV.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the major types of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the most common type of AIDS-related lymphoma. This cancer (which includes s...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...
Is AIDS-related lymphoma serious?
AIDS-related lymphoma is a serious condition. This type of cancer strikes people whose immune system...