How is AIDS-related lymphoma staged?

If you have been diagnosed with AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor will need to judge the stage of the cancer -- how advanced it is -- to determine how to treat it. Cancers are judged at stages I through IV, stage I being the earliest and IV the farthest progressed and most dangerous. You may need blood tests, imaging tests (such as a CT scan or MRI), a spinal tap, or a bone marrow biopsy to tell how far the cancer has spread. You may need to repeat these tests during or after treatment, to see if the stage of the cancer has changed.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...
What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
What are the different types of AIDS lymphoma?
Lymphomas are divided into two general types: Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.Both Hodgkin...