What are clinical trials for AIDS-related lymphoma?

Clinical trials test new treatments for diseases, including AIDS-related lymphoma, that researchers think may be more effective than the usual treatment. If you volunteer for a clinical trial, you may get either the usual treatment or the new treatment.

A clinical trial may provide cutting-edge treatment, but not everyone will qualify. For example, some clinical trials want only people who have never had any sort of treatment for their AIDS-related lymphoma, or they may want people with cancer that has not responded to the usual treatment. You can ask your doctor whether a clinical trial may be right for you.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What are the stages of AIDS-related lymphoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The stages of AIDS-related lymphoma are as follows:Stage IStage I AIDS-related lymphoma is divided i...
What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
What is the rate of incidence of AIDS-related lymphoma?
There are a few different types of AIDS-related lymphomas. One of the most common -- non-Hodgkin lym...