Can radiation treat AIDS-related cancers?

Radiation is one possible treatment for AIDS-related cancers, including cervical cancer and certain lymphomas. It is especially used in some types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, known as primary central nervous system (CNS) lymphomas, which grow in the spinal cord and brain.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Cancers

What are AIDS-defining cancers?
When a person with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) gets certain cancers, it is often a sign that ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with AIDS-related cancer?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related cancer, they may face complex, lengthy, and possibly diffic...
Are AIDS-related cancers contagious?
You cannot catch any type of cancer from another person. Cancer develops in the cells of the body an...
How does HIV affect my risk of developing cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection results in varying degrees of immune system suppression...