Can radiation treat AIDS-related cancers?

Radiation is one possible treatment for AIDS-related cancers, including cervical cancer and certain lymphomas. It is especially used in some types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, known as primary central nervous system (CNS) lymphomas, which grow in the spinal cord and brain.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Cancers

How does my white blood cell count affect my risk for AIDS-related cancers?
If you have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), a high white blood cell count can reduce your risk o...
What are AIDS-related cancers?
AIDS-related cancers are certain cancer types that are more likely to occur in people who are in...
How common are AIDS-related cancers?
About 25 to 40 percent of people with HIV or AIDS get cancer -- especially certain types. For exampl...
Is there a cure for AIDS-related cancers?
Some cancers can be treated successfully, including many lymphomas, which are some of the most commo...