Should I talk to my doctor about my AIDS-related cancer symptoms?

If you have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and notice symptoms that may be signs of cancer, you should talk to your doctor. Since there are several different AIDS-related cancers, symptoms can vary widely. Almost all of them can also be signs of other illnesses, too, so it is important to see a doctor to get the right diagnosis. Generally, if you have HIV and experience any new symptoms, consult your doctor immediately. If you do have AIDS-related cancer, cancer treatment along with HIV treatment can boost your odds of surviving the cancer.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Cancers

How does my white blood cell count affect my risk for AIDS-related cancers?
If you have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), a high white blood cell count can reduce your risk o...
How can my white blood cell count affect my AIDS-related cancer treatment?
For people with AIDS-related cancers, a low white blood cell count could affect treatment. For examp...
How do AIDS-related cancers affect the body?
Like all cancers, AIDS-related cancers occur when cells in the body grow in places where they are no...
Who is most at risk for AIDS-related cancers?
Individuals most at risk for AIDS-related cancers are those with untreated or improperly treated...