Why do older people have more injuries?

Older people can have more injuries for a number of reasons. They bruise very easily because as people age, the skin thins, providing less protection. Older people are also more likely to fall because as they get older, their balance can be affected. Additionally, older people develop osteoporosis so if they do fall from their balance problems, they are more likely to break a bone.

Continue Learning about Aging & Increased Health Risks

How can I prevent illness and injury as I get older?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Aging can make the body a bit more fragile. Injuries and illnesses that might have been shrugged off...
How common are bathtub accidents among seniors?
Alexis AbramsonAlexis Abramson
The bathroom is one of the most hazardous places in the home for accidents; as a matter of fact the ...
What Is the Greatest Risk to Worldwide Health for Adults?
Want to Stay Young? Watch Your Blood Pressure