How can I prevent illness and injury as I get older?

Aging can make the body a bit more fragile. Injuries and illnesses that might have been shrugged off in the past may require a little more time and attention to heal. As always, prevention is the best treatment. Immunizations for the flu, tetanus, whooping cough and other conditions should be kept up-to-date.

Continue Learning about Aging & Increased Health Risks

How does aging affect my hearing?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
As an individual ages, the small blood vessels that work with the cochlea and produce endolmyph are ...
Why do older people have more injuries?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Older people can have more injuries for a number of reasons. They bruise very easily because as peop...
How can I prevent the common illnesses of aging?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
Taking a look at the most common problems of aging, such as osteoporosis (thinning of the bones), he...
What causes foot problems in older adults?
JFK Medical Center - HCA East FloridaJFK Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Foot conditions due to aging is usually from wear and tear.