How often do older people injure themselves from falling?

Each year, approximately 35 percent of individuals over the age of sixty-five fall down, and fifteen percent of those who fall suffer serious injuries, including about 330,000 hip fractures and 200,000 other bone fractures a year in the United States of America (USA). Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. More than 6 percent of all medical care dollars spent on populations over sixty-five involve fall-related injuries.

The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Aging & Increased Health Risks

How can I prevent illness and injury as I get older?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Aging can make the body a bit more fragile. Injuries and illnesses that might have been shrugged off...
How common are bathtub accidents among seniors?
Alexis AbramsonAlexis Abramson
The bathroom is one of the most hazardous places in the home for accidents; as a matter of fact the ...
Want to Stay Young? Watch Your Blood Pressure
What Is the Greatest Risk to Worldwide Health for Adults?