How common are bathtub accidents among seniors?

Alexis Abramson
Caregiving
The bathroom is one of the most hazardous places in the home for accidents; as a matter of fact the majority of broken hips are the result of slipping in the bathtub. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that there are more than 300,000 bathroom accidents each year and that 2.5 million adults over the age of 65 need special assistance in bathing.

Continue Learning about Aging & Increased Health Risks

In what ways is seeing more difficult as we get older?
Vision loss can be hard to define. Between the extremes of total blindness and binocular vision, the...
How can I help my aging parent stay safe with ice and snow?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
With the cold weather often comes continued ice and snow. This can increase an elderly person's ...
What Is the Greatest Risk to Worldwide Health for Adults?
Want to Stay Young? Watch Your Blood Pressure