What are the benefits of eating well as you age?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
Eating well may reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, bone loss, some kinds of cancer and anemia. If you already have one or more of these chronic diseases, eating well and being physically active may help you better manage them. Healthy eating may also help you reduce high blood pressure, lower high cholesterol and manage diabetes. Studies show that a good diet in your later years reduces your risk of osteoporosis, high blood pressure, heart disease and certain cancers.

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
As an older adult, when should I eat dinner if I want to lose weight?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Ideally it would probably be best to eat dinner between 4 and 5 P.M., if it is going to be your larg...
How can I prevent weight gain as I get older?
Cindy GayCindy Gay
Walk, walk walk! Eat a high-protein breakfast with skim milk and other lean sources of high-qual...
Eat Green Peas for a Natural Facelift
Eat Green Peas for a Natural Facelift