How can seniors improve their eating habits?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
Eating is often an important social occasion and it's always more enjoyable to eat if you can share a meal. As people age, their diets often become more limited and many seniors lose an interest in eating. Having meals can become a chore rather than an occasion. Researchers at the University of Maryland proved that seniors with more social contacts ate better. Their diets were healthier, contained more nutritious calories, and included more fruits and vegetables compared with seniors with few social contacts. So whether you're able to eat with others or need to eat alone, having a strong network of friends and acquaintances results in healthier eating habits in the elderly.
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
What fruits and vegetables can help me look and feel younger?
Every fruit and vegetable has anti-aging properties.In this video, Dr. Oz and Kate Geagan discuss mo...
How can I help my aging parent shop for nutritious foods?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
To help your aging parent shop for more nutritious food, first of all, check their kitchen to se...
What Foods Should I Eat to Help Prevent Memory Loss As I Age?