Can a healthier diet help reduce the signs of aging?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Your diet affects your skin dramatically, and improving it can help reduce the signs of aging. Only a small percentage of what you eat ends up in your skin, which means you have to pay special attention to eating only the best foods that are packed with proper vitamins, minerals, proteins, healthy fats and fiber to make it all work. That will give your skin its best chance of getting what it needs from the inside. Also, watch salt and alcohol since they dehydrate and add stress to your skin.

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
Can a restricted diet slow aging?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
Caloric restriction is the term which is used to refer to restrictions in caloric intake in individu...
How can I help my aging parent learn how to cook for one?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
There are some items that are now available to be prepared individually such as individually wra...
What Foods Should I Eat to Help Prevent Memory Loss As I Age?