Can a healthier diet help reduce the signs of aging?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Your diet affects your skin dramatically, and improving it can help reduce the signs of aging. Only a small percentage of what you eat ends up in your skin, which means you have to pay special attention to eating only the best foods that are packed with proper vitamins, minerals, proteins, healthy fats and fiber to make it all work. That will give your skin its best chance of getting what it needs from the inside. Also, watch salt and alcohol since they dehydrate and add stress to your skin.

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

How can I help my aging parent learn how to cook for one?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
There are some items that are now available to be prepared individually such as individually wra...
How does eating fruits and vegetables decrease the effects of aging?
Exercise goes hand in hand with eating right -- and the more colorful the fruits and vegetables are ...
What foods can make me age faster?
Foods containing high fructose corn syrup can make you age faster. Watch the video to learn more ...
How can I help my aging parent shop for nutritious foods?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
To help your aging parent shop for more nutritious food, first of all, check their kitchen to se...