What can we eat to keep our bodies younger?

Eat a balanced diet that is low in calories and high in nutrients. Eating a diverse diet that includes four or five servings of fruit a day, four or five servings of vegetables a day, and only whole grains will help keep you feeling young. Eat fish three times a week and do not eat red meat more than once a week.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...
Your change to a newer, healthier life starts in your refrigerator. The first thing you need in there are plenty of foods rich in antioxidants.

But what are antioxidants? Why are they so good at fighting aging?

To explain, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University, compares apples to apples. Let’s say one half of an apple was sprinkled with lemon juice, and the other was not. While the lemony half remains new and crisp-looking, the untreated half becomes brown and shriveled because of exposure to oxygen, also called oxidation. "The same thing happens to our skin, to our heart, to our eyes," Dr. Oz says. "All of our bodies need to have the antioxidants."

As the name implies, antioxidants do to your body what the lemon juice does to an apple -- help prevent the damage caused by oxygen exposure.

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
What fruits and vegetables can help me look and feel younger?
Every fruit and vegetable has anti-aging properties.In this video, Dr. Oz and Kate Geagan discuss mo...
What are some nutritious foods that can I recommend to my aging parents?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
Yogurt is a good and inexpensive nutritious option for aging parents who enjoy it. Check labels ...
What Are Some Ways to Control Calories During the Holidays?