As an older adult, when should I eat dinner if I want to lose weight?

F. Michael Gloth, III
Geriatric Medicine
Ideally it would probably be best to eat dinner between 4 and 5 P.M., if it is going to be your largest meal of the day. If you can't eat this early because of work, other scheduling conflicts, or choice, try to eat as soon as possible after 5 P.M., and most definitely avoid eating after 8 P.M.
Fit at Fifty and Beyond: A Balanced Exercise and Nutrition Program (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

As people reach their fifties, the body’s metabolism slows. Without a change in eating or exercise habits, it’s common to put on weight and become less able to perform routine physical...

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
How does eating fruits and vegetables decrease the effects of aging?
Exercise goes hand in hand with eating right -- and the more colorful the fruits and vegetables are ...
What foods should I avoid eating to help me stay young?
Avoiding white foods -- carbohydrates that are white, cream, and white sauces -- is a basic tene...
Eat Green Peas for a Natural Facelift
Eat Green Peas for a Natural Facelift