How can I help my aging parent learn how to cook for one?

Shelley Webb
Nursing
There are some items that are now available to be prepared individually such as individually wrapped pieces of frozen salmon, tilapia, and chicken breasts. There also have resealable bags of pre-formed meatballs and pre-made soups in resealable containers. Be sure to check the amount of sodium in the meatballs and soups if the physician has recommended a low sodium diet. Also, there are frozen biscuits and rolls that can be cooked in single servings while the rest remain frozen in a resealable bag. There are now resealable packages of frozen vegetables and fruits such as blueberries, peaches and strawberries that can be quickly and easily utilized. The frozen fruits are great for smoothies...no need to add ice.

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
What are the benefits of eating well as you age?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
Eating well may reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, bone loss, some kinds of ...
Can a healthier diet help reduce the signs of aging?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Your diet affects your skin dramatically, and improving it can help reduce the signs of aging. Only ...
What Foods Should I Eat to Help Prevent Memory Loss As I Age?