When do women start losing bone mass?

In women, the total amount of bone present may peak by ages 25 to 30 (or even earlier in some women). Then the tide turns. At some point, usually around 35, women begin to lose bone, sometimes at a rate of 1 percent per year. This rate increases to about 4 percent per year during the 5 to 10 years after menopause (usually age 45 to 55).
Diet for a Pain-Free Life: A Revolutionary Plan to Lose Weight, Stop Pain, Sleep Better and Feel Great in 21 Days, ADA...sound nutritional advice...do-able, delicious..a godsend to pain sufferers.

Do you wake up each morning aching with joint or muscle pain? Have you been trying to lose stubborn belly fat for years? Do you wish you could be active without pain medications? Look no further:...

Continue Learning about Aging, Bone & Joint Conditions

How much does bone mass decrease as I age?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
During the first 20 years of life, new bone is built more quickly than old bone is removed. By t...
How can I help maintain bone density as I age?
Audrey K. Chun, MDAudrey K. Chun, MD
Regardless of whether your bone mineral density (BMD) is low enough to warrant bisphosphonate me...
Is Your Back Pain Osteoarthritis?
Is Your Back Pain Osteoarthritis?
Does Osteoarthritis Occur Automatically as We Age?