What happens to my neuromuscular system as I get older?

Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
A decrease in coordination, balance, fine-motor skills, and visual-spatial orientation, as well as an increase in motor response time and altered proprioception (the sense of orientation of one's limbs in space), are all age-related changes in the neuromuscular system. Regular exercise seems to slow the rate of decline in many of these pathways.
Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age

It's one of the undeniable facts of life. After we reach a certain age, our bodies change. No matter how fit we may have been at 20, we're very different people after 40. But growing older doesn't...

Continue Learning about Aging, Bone & Joint Conditions

How can older women promote bone health?
Take bio-identical hormone replacement including estrogen, and/or if you want to build stronger bone...
At what age do we begin to lose bone mass?
You may be losing bone mass sooner than you think. According to the National Institutes of Health (N...
Is Your Back Pain Osteoarthritis?
Is Your Back Pain Osteoarthritis?
Does Osteoarthritis Occur Automatically as We Age?