What is an irongeezer?

Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Irongeezers range from baby boomers to ultraseniors, some of whom are in their 80s and 90s. Far from being cranky couch potatoes, irongeezers have a passion for physical activity and involvement in a healthy lifestyle. They have a dash of "iron" for strength of mind and body to maintain hale and hardy lifestyles amid an ever increasing, slothful, unfit population.
Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age

It's one of the undeniable facts of life. After we reach a certain age, our bodies change. No matter how fit we may have been at 20, we're very different people after 40. But growing older doesn't...

Continue Learning about Aging & Fitness

Want to Keep Your Heart and Brain Young? Do This
Here’s a startling fact: About 3 in 4 American adults don’t get the recommended amount of physical activity, according to the Centers for Disease Cont...
What outdoor activities can I suggest to my aging parents?
You can suggest outdoor activities to your aging parents that may become their new favorite pastime....
How can I help prevent muscle loss as I get older?
Physical activity plays a vital role in reducing the effect of aging on most components of the muscu...
Save Your Muscles as You Age
Save Your Muscles as You Age