What is a good walking aid for a person who needs help with balance?

The best walking aid depends on the amount of balance assistance needed. Some may require the use of a walker to assist with balance; others might require occasional use of a cane. The best device to use is the device that ensures safety, while also allowing you to exercise the muscles. Individuals who can ambulate with only occasional use of a cane should not use a walker. Do as much as possible, without compromising safety.

Continue Learning about Aging & Fitness

Want to Keep Your Heart and Brain Young? Do This
Here’s a startling fact: About 3 in 4 American adults don’t get the recommended amount of physical activity, according to the Centers for Disease Cont...
As an older adult, how can I get in shape?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
The following are ten tips for older adults to get into good shape and stay there:Limit your effecti...
Why should I stretch every day if I am an older adult?
As our body ages, it undergoes significant physiological changes. One such change is a shortening of...
You Staying Young Workout - Level 1
You Staying Young Workout - Level 1