Is staying mobile a key to aging well?

Staying mobile will certainly help the older adult age well, but, participation in regular physical activity such as cardiorespiratory training or resistance training 3- 5 days per week is most beneficial. Participation in regular physical activity will help older adults maintain muscular strength and prevent common chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and stroke. The load bearing effects of resistance training has been shown to reduce risk of osteoporosis.

Continue Learning about Aging & Fitness

Want to Keep Your Heart and Brain Young? Do This
Here’s a startling fact: About 3 in 4 American adults don’t get the recommended amount of physical activity, according to the Centers for Disease Cont...
What is a good walking aid for a person who needs help with balance?
The best walking aid depends on the amount of balance assistance needed. Some may require the use of...
What outdoor activities can I suggest to my aging parents?
You can suggest outdoor activities to your aging parents that may become their new favorite pastime....
Save Your Muscles as You Age
Save Your Muscles as You Age