How does osteoarthritis affect the elbows?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Osteoarthritis in the elbows can cause pain and inflammation when cartilage, or the protective slippery cushion of tissue that lines your joints, becomes damaged and unable to do its job. Although less common than knee or hip arthritis, elbow arthritis can be very painful.

Continue Learning about Affects of Osteoarthritis on the Body

How does osteoarthritis affect the hands?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
Osteoarthritis in the hands occurs when cartilage, or the protective slippery cushion of tissue that...
How does osteoarthritis affect the knees?
Dr. Kevin J. Soden, MDDr. Kevin J. Soden, MD
Because the cartilage at the ends of the bones are what wears down in osteoarthritis, the knee becom...
How can osteoarthritis disrupt my sleep?
Joint stiffness can make it hard to get comfortable in bed. But the biggest problem is pain. Pain fr...
Will osteoarthritis in my knees affect my cardio workout?
David HogarthDavid Hogarth
Yes, unfortunately it can. You are in a difficult situation when you would like to lose some weight ...