Can fibromyalgia mimic osteoarthritis?

Fibromyalgia symptoms can mimic osteoarthritis symptoms. Like osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia causes pain. But fibromyalgia is usually not just isolated to a single joint and is often accompanied by other symptoms like fatigue. Osteoarthritis is a condition in which wear and tear on the joints over time causes degenerative changes. These changes often cause pain in the affected joint.

Continue Learning about Affects of Osteoarthritis on the Body

What are complications of osteoarthritis?
The most common complications of osteoarthritis are pain and stiffness in the joints, which can inte...
How does osteoarthritis affect the ankles?
In ankles, osteoarthritis occurs when cartilage, or the protective slippery cushion of tissue th...
How does osteoarthritis affect life span?
There is no evidence that osteoarthritis alone decreases life span. Some studies find that peopl...
Will osteoarthritis in my knees affect my cardio workout?
David HogarthDavid Hogarth
Yes, unfortunately it can. You are in a difficult situation when you would like to lose some weight ...