What questions should I ask my doctor about vaccines?

The following are questions you may want to ask your doctor about vaccines:
  • What are the possible side effects from this vaccine?
  • What are the potential implications if I don't vaccinate my child?
  • Is there anything I should do before having my child vaccinated to reduce the potential for side effects?
  • If my child misses one or more scheduled vaccines, can she catch up?
  • What vaccines does my teenager need?
  • My preteen daughter is not sexually active. Why does she need the HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccine?
  • Can I participate in a clinical trial for a therapeutic vaccine to treat my cancer?
  • I'm worried about my child having several vaccines at one time. What are the advantages and disadvantages to vaccinating children this way?
  • I've heard that the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine could cause autism. What does the research show?
  • Which type of flu vaccine should I have and why?

Continue Learning about Adult Vaccination

Tdap and 3 Other Vaccinations Adults Need
Forget the kids: A recent study by Walgreens shows that nearly half of U.S. adults are unaware of government-recommended vaccinations for their age an...
What are the vaccinations recommended for adults?
It is recommended that adults get vaccinations to protect against the following: influenza (flu) ...
The 5 Vaccines Adults Need
The 5 Vaccines Adults NeedThe 5 Vaccines Adults NeedThe 5 Vaccines Adults NeedThe 5 Vaccines Adults Need
Protect your health and stay well by staying up-to-date on these important adult vaccines.
Are Researchers Working on a More Effective Type of Vaccine?