What questions should I ask my doctor about vaccines?

The following are questions you may want to ask your doctor about vaccines:
  • What are the possible side effects from this vaccine?
  • What are the potential implications if I don't vaccinate my child?
  • Is there anything I should do before having my child vaccinated to reduce the potential for side effects?
  • If my child misses one or more scheduled vaccines, can she catch up?
  • What vaccines does my teenager need?
  • My preteen daughter is not sexually active. Why does she need the HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccine?
  • Can I participate in a clinical trial for a therapeutic vaccine to treat my cancer?
  • I'm worried about my child having several vaccines at one time. What are the advantages and disadvantages to vaccinating children this way?
  • I've heard that the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine could cause autism. What does the research show?
  • Which type of flu vaccine should I have and why?

Continue Learning about Adult Vaccination

Adults Are Skipping Vaccines, But Shouldn't
Maybe you're faithful about getting your flu shot each fall. But did you know there are other shots adults need to stay healthy? According to a 2017 r...
Vaccinations: Not Just for Kids!
Vaccinations: Not Just for Kids!
As an adult you may think you’re done with immunizations, but guess what? You’re not! One of the more common ailments I’ve been seeing in my adult pat...
Protect Your Heart Health and Get Vaccinated
If you’re living with heart disease, you make lots of decisions every day to keep your heart in good graces. Maybe you’re maintaining a healthy diet, ...
A Grown-up Shot in the Arm
A Grown-up Shot in the Arm
Jennifer Lopez and Amanda Peet are Hollywood A-listers who favor vaccinations for children. But do they know vaccines aren’t just for babies and back-...