What supplements can I take to treat adrenal fatigue?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Adrenal fatigue is a term used to describe fatigue caused by chronic stress. The supplements I recommend for those with chronic stress that results in fatigue are theanine, an amino acid that helps to reduce anxiety. In addition, I check to see if patients need vitamin D supplementation, which can help with energy level.  I also will recommend D-ribose for those with muscle pain. 
Aviva J. Romm, MD
Family Medicine
Supplements good for adrenal fatigue include B complex, magnesium (glycinate or citrate), and a class of botanicals called adaptogens. Watch integrative medicine expert Aviva Romm, MD, discuss these fatigue-busting remedies and how to take them.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
Is cancer a common cause of adrenal gland disorders?
Cancer can sometimes cause adrenal gland disorders. About 30 percent of Addison's disease cases are ...
What are the most common adrenal gland disorders?
Addison's disease and Cushing's syndrome are the most common adrenal gland disorders. Addison's dise...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?