What are mineralocorticoid hormones?

Emilia Klapp
These are hormones secreted in the adrenal glands that are essential for life. They help control the body’s balances of water and electrolytes, particularly the concentrations of sodium and potassium. A lack of these hormones can lead to death from dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance within a week.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do tumors cause adrenal gland disorders?
Tumors are a common cause of adrenal gland disorders. When tumors grow on the adrenal glands, they c...
How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
Is cancer a common cause of adrenal gland disorders?
Cancer can sometimes cause adrenal gland disorders. About 30 percent of Addison's disease cases are ...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?