What are glucocorticoid hormones?

Emilia Klapp
These are a group of hormones are secreted in the adrenal glands and are essential for life. They include cortisol, cortisone, and corticosterone. Together, these hormones regulate the body’s breakdown of proteins and fats; formation of glucose; and resistance to stress.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

What are mineralocorticoid hormones?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
These are hormones secreted in the adrenal glands that are essential for life. They help control...
Should I talk to my doctor about my adrenal gland disorder symptoms?
Adrenal gland disorders can be life-threatening. Addison's disease leaves the body without enough co...
What causes adrenal gland disorders in children?
Adrenal gland disorders in children often have genetic causes. Congenital defects in the adrenal gla...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?